05 February 2008

impressionable me

It's amazing to me how the company you surround yourself with can influence your mentality. I know that I am my own person and I make my own choices and that I do these things for myself, but I can't deny that I take a little bit of something from the people I am around, and I think the same is true for most everyone else.

The past almost week or so I have felt happy and healthy. I think part of that is because of the company I'm keeping lately. I don't want to risk sounding like I'm amoreuse d'elle, so I won't go much farther than expressing my thankfulness for having met a person so quickly down here that I feel will be a life long friend. Our similarities keep surfacing and our differences seem to balance each other out.

I can't even express how neat it is to have met someone who is about as "go where the wind blows" as I am. It affirms that I'm not completely mad and that there is no reason to rush to bring my uncertainties certainty. It's a relief to find another outlet for accepting and embracing the spontaneous. It's been a long time since I realized the sincere openness of my horizons and actually was excited about it.

Friends really are where it's at, man.

No comments: