01 March 2008

hip to be square

Things I have:
  • a cubicle
  • an telephone extension
  • a work email
  • a server's apron
  • a server's book
Things I don't have:
  • free time
This morning is the first time I've felt like I've had a moment to breath, yet even this is going to be short lived because I have obligations that will keep me busy for most, if not all, of the day. And there's no day off this week, either. I'm in the middle of a 12-day working marathon. Errands have to be done in the few precious hours between working and sleeping. Next priority in line is finding time to see friends. If there's a minute or two left after that, I'm trying to get some pilates in. Then comes blogging and facebook and the internet fun I used to put above everything else.

WHAT?! Yes folks, you heard it here first: I only check facebook about once a day.

I don't know yet whether or not I'm complaining about my new priority set. I don't think I am. It's not bad. It's just different. Life is just different these days. It's still weird that I'm not on a school schedule. It's still weird that I'm not going on spring break in a few weeks, or ever again , for that matter. And it's weird that I don't miss it. Whatever it is I got going on right now... I think I kinda dig it.

What's coming up for me is the 2 month mark in Evansville. 2 months?? Is that it? I haven't been here for a year? It sure feels that way, at least. Things change fast. The distance between me and college-me is growing greater every day. I guess it's kind of weird, but it gets trumped by the normalcy of it all, in the end.

On that note... The sun is out and the day promises to be beautiful. It's time to get off my butt.

No comments: